28.10.05

What love is

(...), it is impossible for me to look back on those days without feeling a surge of nostalgia for my friends. In some sense, it alters the reality of what I experienced. I had jumped off the edge of a cliff, and then, just as I was about to hit bottom, an extraordinary event took place: I learned that there were people who loved me. To be loved like that makes all the difference. It does not lessen the terror of the fall, but it gives a new perspective on what that terror means. I had jumped off the edge, and then, at the very last moment, something reached out and caught me in midair. That somehting is what I define as love. It is the one thing that can stop a man from falling, the one thing powerful enough to negate the laws of gravity.
Paul Auster, Moon Palace, Faber and Faber, p. 49

O que é o amãr?, por mim mesma, no diafragma.


4 comentários:

  1. Paul Auster diz sempre coisas bacanas de se recortar ou de se lembrar sempre...

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Alê, I heart Paul Auster decumforça. Eu dava pra ele a.go.ra.

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Eu já gostei mais. Hoje mesmo eu daria pro Murakami.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Ainda não li Murakami. Mas acho que eu não daria pra ele. Não gosto de japas. Tipo, não pra dar.

    ResponderExcluir